Some of the accomplishments of the committee are summarized below –
- An important planned activity of the committee is to prepare a list of best readings on innovation and standardization.
- The committee sponsored the 3rd International Conference on Connected Vehicles and Expo (ICCVE 2014).
- ISICT members are organizing the workshop on Telecommunications Standards – From Research to Standards which is part of Globecomm’2014.
- ISICT’s chair, Dr. S. M. Hasan, served as a Guest Editor for IEEE JSAC’s special issue on Emerging Technologies. ISICT officers served as reviewers this special issue. ISICT members submitted invited papers to this special issue.
- ISICT members helped create a supplement on Standards and Innovation for the IEEE Communication Magazine.
- With help from IEEE Strategic Research, the committee conducted a comprehensive study throughout IEEE on Innovation and Standardization. The committee published a 41 page draft report on the survey. The document was approved by the ISICT committee via vote and published online in the committee’s website.
- The committee prepared and published a draft document on Policies and Procedures of ISICT. The document has been approved by the ISICT committee and published online in the committee’s website.
2012 – 2013
- The committee sponsored the 2nd International Conference on Connected Vehicles and Expo (ICCVE 2013)
- ISICT members served in the organizing team of IEEE-SIIT as technical committee members and reviewers
- ISICT members organized a workshop at ICC’2013 on Telecommunications Standards – From Research to Standards. The call-for-papers focused on innovation theory and methodology for information, communications, and networking technologies.
- ISICT members organized a workshop at ICC’2012 on Telecommunications Standards – From Research to Standards. The Workshop was recognized as the best workshop at ICC’2012.
- ISICT committee members helped to acquire for IEEE and currently participate in the steering committee of the IEEE-SIIT (Innovation and Standardization in Information Technologies) Conference which is now sponsored by the IEEE Standards Association. Co-sponsorship by ComSoc is under discussion.
- Members of the ISICT committee organized and served as guest editors for the September’2012 issue of the IEEE Communications Magazine which featured topics related to standardization.
- Ken Krechmer, a member of the ISICT committee, received the first prize in the global paper competition – The IEC-IEEE Challenge. Ken’s paper is related to standardization in the area of cloud computing.
- Recruited more than 30 members who are actively participating in this committee. The membership represents a good mixture of IEEE and ComSoc members from different IEEE regions, from academia, and industry.
- The committee was formed under the IEEE ComSoc Standardization Program Development Board (CSPDB) in March 2012. In 2013, the committee transitioned as a subcommittee under IEEE ComSoc Emerging Technologies.